The goal of the BC Buy Local campaign is to illuminate the local market, making BC-based businesses, products, food and wines more visible to consumers. What’s local? Read more on our blog
Join the Campaign!
- 97% of Canadian consumers decide to buy local to support the local economy
- 87% of Canadian consumers think it is better for the environment
- 45% of Canadian consumers made an effort to buy Canadian products in the last year
Here you can find downloadable resources and collateral for local businesses to join in the BC Buy Local campaign. To obtain printed BC Buy Local contact email@example.com
1. Stick it. Pic it. Post it.
Stick it. Take a #BCBuyLocal pink dot stick and put it on your business or product…anything local it will stick to really.
Pic it. Take a picture of it on your mobile phone.
2. Stick it. Pic it. Post it. the digital way
Download our Social Media Guide to get started on Instagram.
Digital, print-ready graphics and guides are available to download below.
All printable dot files are sized for use with Avery® products 22807, 22817, 22825, 41464, 41494, 22923, 22933, 22921, 22961 so you can print more stickers when you need to.
Click on the BC Buy Local dots to download large images and add them to your social media profiles.
BC Buy Local Week badge
BC Buy Local
Local made products are:
- Wholly or largely (>50%) manufactured or processed in BC
*Can include products produced without local materials or ingredients. Local Made products with local ingredients or materials can add Local Grown if applicable.
Local owned businesses are:
- Private companies (ex. single owner or partnership, employee owned, co-operative or social enterprise/non-profit)
- Headquartered in BC
- >50% of owners reside in BC
Local grown products are:
- An agricultural product grown in BC (ex. food, plants, fibre, wood)
- A manufactured product with >50% materials grown in BC
How Are We Local Poster
(full size: 11″ x 17″)
Use this poster to let consumers know how you’re local and what local businesses you support. When local businesses purchase from other locally owned businesses their impact on the economy is increased even more.
1 Print the poster.
2 Identify how you purchase from local owned businesses, and buy local made and local grown products. (See the guidelines above for what constitutes a local owned, local grown and local made.)
3 Write them on the poster.
4 Display the poster in your business to let your customers and employees know how you’re local.
5 Use the tag #BCbuylocal to share how you’re local.
Thank You for Choosing Local Infographic Poster
(full size: 11″ x 17″)
What are the impacts of buying local? For every $100 spent with a local owned, BC-based business $46 is recirculated back into B.C.’s economy. These statistics and more are drawn from research done in British Columbia. Read the supporting research reports.
Download this poster to show customers and employee the positive impacts that buying from local owned, BC-based businesses generates.