Buy Local Langley
When you buy local, you support businesses that supports an eco-system of other local businesses in the community — from farmers and growers to makers and manufacturers, to business support service providers, like graphic designers and credit unions. So many of the Township of Langley’s businesses are committed to buying local and supporting a strong community — discover the Township of Langley businesses that keep your community strong!
The B.C. Buy Local campaign encourages consumers to shift at least 1% of their spending — just $15 — to a local business, or a local grown or local made product. If all consumers make a 1% shift, it will create 3,100 jobs and sends $94M in wages to workers in B.C. Check out more reasons to buy local.
You may already have seen #BCBuyLocal posters and stickers in The Township of Langley – they’ve been a strong partner of B.C. Buy Local Week for many years! Now we’ve partnered up with other business support organizations in Langley to bring an expanded campaign for the whole Langley area.
About Langley, B.C.
Langley has so much to offer. It’s home to historical Fort Langley, the birthplace of British Columbia as we know it today. Langley has both an urban centres and picturesque countryside, offering authentic farm experiences, beautiful parks and trails, trendy restaurants & lounges, sporting venues, unique shopping, and so much more.
Eat, Drink & Shop Local
It also has great options for food and drink – everything from coffee shops and cafes to elegant fine dining. Langley has many other food and beverage specialties to offer – from craft beer to cider and spirits, goat cheese, meats, fresh berries and other foods. Langley is also the Fraser Valley’s premier wine and libations destination. You’ll find some of B.C.’s best wineries, and a burgeoning group of local cider, spirits and craft beer makers. Langley is home to a number of wineries, many of which have produced award-winning wines. All Langley are open to the public for tasting and buying of wines, but individual opening hours vary.
Langley is home to charming, one-of-a-kind boutiques, food stores, antiques and specialty shops. Discover great shopping in Downtown Langley or the neighbourhoods of the Township of Langley.
Discover Langley, B.C.
Here are a few ways to discover all that Langley has to offer:
- Tourism Langley. Check out all the things to discover in the Township of Langley. From shopping & services, to agri-tourism, heritage & culture and local made beverages & food, Langley’s got it all!
- Discover Langley City. Downtown Langley has so much to offer, from great dining, to shopping and accommodation.
- Circle Farm Tours. A feast for the senses, sample classic grape vintages and award winning fruit wines. Enjoy French cuisine, or fill your picnic basket with fresh pies, juicy berries, local cheese and specialty turkey. Stroll through gardens, farm markets, take in an equestrian event, meet an alpaca and see where the Hudson’s Bay Company first farmed … you can even milk a cow! Explore the endless choices of the Langley Circle Farm Tour. Circle Farm Tours are self-guided.
- Wine Tours. Take a tour of Langley’s beautiful rural countryside, and sample the area’s leading wines.
- Langley Community Farmers Market. Langley’s tastiest outdoor market, offering 75 vendors who ‘make it, bake it, or grow it’ selling the best the region has to offer throughout the spring and summer.