Galaxie Craft Brewhouse is a family-run business with deep roots in the White Rock community. Doug’s brewing journey began with humble beginnings. What started in a garage with homemade coolers, propane burners, pots and kettles from the kitchen, and chilling coils attached to a garden hose, is now a well-recognized local brewhouse located right on West Beach. With over 10 years of craft brewing, Galaxie has established and continues to grow their unique range of fresh flavours, making them a local favourite.
Doug is obsessive and won’t quit until his beer is just right! Doug likes experimenting with new-age hops, pumpkin, strawberries, blueberries, apricot, pomegranate, grapefruit, mango, passionfruit, chocolate, vanilla, molasses, honey, and spices to make some truly unique beers.
Question: How are you supporting other local businesses?
- We purchase our pretzels from a local South Surrey family (Those Pretzels) and these folks come and have beers at our place when they deliver
- Greens from a local farm this past summer (Green Crest Farm)
- We get our hops from a supplier in Chilliwack (Northwest Hop Farms)
- We are going to add nachos to our menu and will be getting the chips from Primos just around the corner for our place!
Question: What social and environmental practices are you proud of?
- All the spent grains for every beer we make are picked up by a local farmer for cattle feed
- All our spent hops are recycled organically with green waste
- We don’t use any dining ware that needs to be washed with water or chemicals, we use single-use green waste compostable materials (plates, cutlery, parchment, etc)
- We recycle all our guests’ hand towels
Follow @galaxiecraftbeer on Instagram: